Date: July 28, 2021
Time: 12:30PM - 1:30PM (EST)
Update: This event has been postponed to July 28th at 12:30 pm.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, information has continuously evolved surrounding the virus and its effects on nearly every aspect of family and public life, particularly on families trying to balance work with remote or in-person learning for their children.
In this webinar, two experts from MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC) will discuss the following:
- Current updates surrounding the effectiveness and safety of COVID-19 vaccines
- Review of special considerations for children who have or had COVID-19 and related post-COVID illnesses, such as MIS-C
- Best practice recommendations for families and children of all ages as restrictions are eased in time for summer activities, social gatherings, and travel
- How children and adolescents’ mental health has been affected by the pandemic
- How to ensure children and their families can access preventative care and social supports in their communities
Policy makers, legislators, government officials, and other stakeholders will learn how COVID-19 is impacting our children based on the firsthand experience and knowledge of our medical experts in dealing with the crisis. This program seeks to provide attendees with an increased awareness of the many issues facing our children so they can be better informed when shaping public policy and addressing community concerns that have arisen during the pandemic.