Real Estate & Project Development
Developing & Building Success
Understanding and navigating the regulatory approval process is essential if you want to plan or develop a real estate project in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Whether it’s guiding a development through the extensive and detailed approval process in the City of Boston, or identifying and facilitating opportunities for real estate projects in the Commonwealth, ML Strategies’ deep experience can produce efficient and cost-effective results.Share
Our Real Estate & Project Development team can offer a clear roadmap for developers and planners to navigate their way through the complex requirements necessary to execute a project from start to finish, including M.G.L. Chapter 40B, M.G.L Chapter 91, and City Article 80, and other state and federal requirements.
- Community relations
- Entitlement strategies
- Environmental issues
- Historic land marking
- Introductions to relevant decision makers and opinion makers
- Institutional and private site matters planning
- RFQ and RFP coordination
- Lease and operations
- Public hearings and presentations
- Real estate tax challenges
- Local, state, and federal regulatory requirements
- Former Chief of Staff / Special Counsel, BRA (now known as the Boston Planning & Redevelopment Agency)
- Former General Counsel, Mass. Highway Dept.
- Former General Counsel, Mass. DEP
- Former Director, BRA
- Former Executive Director & CEO, Mass. Port Authority
- Former Assistant Secretary, Mass. EOEEA
- Former Deputy Director of Real Estate, MBTA
ML Strategies works closely with skilled attorneys in Mintz’s Real Estate, Environmental, Government Law, Tax, Corporate, and Energy & Sustainability practices when complex legal issues arise.