Bob is the Vice President of Project Development for ML Strategies, LLC. He is the former director of the Boston Redevelopment Authority, where he served as Boston’s chief planning and development director. In this capacity, he reviewed and approved all public and private commercial, industrial, residential, institutional planning, and development activities. During his directorship, he developed marketing strategies to attract foreign investment to Boston, which included presentations to CEOs in Japan, Spain, Canada, France, Italy, and England.
In the areas of public funding, master planning, and related legislative issues, he represented Boston before numerous state and federal agencies including the Massachusetts Legislature and the US Congress. Appointed deputy mayor for development, Bob served as senior policy advisor to the mayor for issues such as tax policy, capital planning, zoning, historical preservation, institutional expansion, and community relations.
As a result of developing a depth of public experience in planning and development issues, Bob’s professional consultancy currently includes representing Fortune 500 companies, local and national developers, and educational, medical, and nonprofit institutions on strategic planning, permitting, real estate tax, and development issues.
Bob has spoken and presented papers at local and national conferences and universities on development and planning issues.
- Suffolk University Law School (JD)
- Past trustee, Boston Cable Community Access Foundation
- Past member, Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
- Past senior member, National Association of Review Appraisers
- Past member, Urban Land Institute
- Past member, Government Affairs Steering Committee of the Greater Boston Real Estate Board
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association